Fast Channel Changing
UltraHD 4K Support
Instant Video Loading
Digital Surround Sound
MatrixStream MX3 Ultra HD 4K IPTV Set Top Box
MX3 Set Top Box Overview
Introducing the MX3 OTT IP Set Top Box (STB), an innovation crafted to elevate your home theater experience to unprecedented heights.
The MX3 STB has been meticulously designed to provide nothing short of excellence, embracing the pinnacle of video quality with support for the highest UltraHD standards.
With full compatibility for UHD 4K videos and 5.1 digital multichannel sound, the MX3 STB sets the stage for an immersive cinematic journey within the comfort of your home.
Experience the future of entertainment as the MX3 STB seamlessly enables you to enjoy UHD 4K TV shows and DVD videos right from your IP network.
A simple connection to your IP network and home theater system opens the gateway to the full functionality of IPTV, where every viewing session becomes an adventure in visual splendor and audio richness.
Innovative technology takes center stage with the next-generation MatrixCast Streaming Video On Demand (VOD) technology, an industry patented advancement that reshapes the way you experience entertainment.
Say goodbye to the hassles of traditional video rental stores, mail-order rentals, and Pay-Per-View inconveniences. With MatrixCast Streaming VOD technology, you are firmly in control of your entertainment journey, enjoying the luxury of high-quality videos at your fingertips.
In essence, the MX3 STB is your gateway to a realm of limitless entertainment possibilities.
With its effortless integration into your broadband network, this remarkable device grants you the freedom to indulge in DVD and UltraHD videos whenever you desire, all within the cozy confines of your own home.
Experience the evolution of entertainment with the MX3 STB and immerse yourself in the world of cinematic brilliance and unparalleled convenience.
- Internet Streaming – It works over any broadband IP network.
- Super Fast Channel Changing – Matrixcast technology provides ultra low latency and fast channel changing (~500ms).
- Nano Form Factor – MX3 set top box is small enough to fit into the palm of your hand.
- Video On Demand (VOD) – It delivers on-demand DVD- and UltraHD-quality videos to TVs over the Internet.
- Time Shift/NPVR Option – MX3 fully supports time shift and network PVR option.
- IPV6 Support – MX3 supports IPV6 and IPV4.
- 4K Video Streaming – MX3 supports videos up to 4K UltraHD. In addition, it supports the most advanced video codecs such as HEVC/H.264. MX3 supports streaming videos right over the Internet.
- IP Multicast Support – MX3 will work in IP multicast network or unicast. It uses MatrixCast Video Transport to deliver high quality videos at low bitrate.
- Conditional Access – IP, user ID and password are used for STB authentication.
- Customizable Electronic Program Guide – EPG categories make tailoring the custom viewing experience easy.
- UHDTV HDMI Output and Optical Digital Surround Sound Output (S/PDIF) – Users can enjoy high quality digital 4K UHD TV video and digital surround sound experience.
- Optional Network Connectivity – It supports 200Mb powerline, coax, RJ 11, or wireless output for a variety of network connectivity scenarios. However, this is available only for large quantity orders with additional custom engineering fee.
- Multi-room support – Viewers can have multiple STBs connected to different TVs in the same house. As a result, viewers are able to download videos for the entire family, and play each video on separate TVs simultaneously.
- Automatic Software Updates – MX3 Set Top Box keeps up-to-date. It automatically updates the latest software features. Additionally, it contains the built-in help guide.
- Premium Tier-1 Content – MX3 is certified to provide tier-1 premium content due to its end-to-end MatrixCrypt content security.
- Anti-Piracy Security (APS) – IMX security system is used for end-to-end encryption and safeguarding of all the videos. For instance, our system includes features such as user authentication, IP tracking and video deletion. Service providers can control the length of the viewing period (on a per-view or multiple view basis) via pre-defined business rules and set the viewing expiration period. APS provides full security against video piracy by using condition access (CA) and MatrixCrypt(TM) DRM technologies with 128bit AES Encryption and SSL.
- Embedded System Design – MX3 is powered by embedded software that provides commercial grade security for IPTV providers. It comes with full DRM and Conditional Access support.
- High Reliability – MX3 is designed for commercial deployment.
- Easy Maintenance – IPTV service provider can manage and control the STB remotely. Similarly, no user intervention is needed for updating firmware and DRM.
- Smart Targeted AD System (STAS) – STAS allows targeted video ad insertion that is anti-skippable. In other words, IPTV providers can target ads based on each individual user’s profile and demographic even when numerous users watch the same video.
- Bandwidth Saving Mode (BSM) Protection – BSM automatically times out a video stream after a preset time limit.
MX3 UHD set top box can be customized to your specifications, depending on the quantity ordered.
For instance, some of the options are:
- Box color – MX3 can be ordered in the following colors: silver, black, red, and gold.
- Remote – The remote can be regular or premium.
- Custom logo – MX3 can be ordered with your logo on the top of the unit.
- Packaging – MX3 packaging can be ordered with your logo.
The MatrixStream MX3 UHD STB package contains the following:
- MX3 UHD set top box
- Regular remote (premium remote extra)
- Power supply
- HDMI cable
- A/V RCA media cable with mini plug