Video Content Provider IPTV Solution
Complete End-to-End Deployment in Days
Deployed via MatrixStream Professional Services
MatrixCloud Video Content Provider IPTV Solution
Unveiling Client Imperatives: Navigating the Tapestry of Demands
Embedded within the realm of client aspirations is a distinctive narrative, painted by their unique set of requirements. A prominent video distributor, the client boasts a treasure trove of over 50,000 hours of foreign video content nestled within their expansive content library. The client’s trajectory has been marked by a resolute endeavor to establish their cable and satellite channels within the United States. Yet, the pages of their journey reveal a struggle; their ambitions thwarted by the exorbitant cost structures proposed by conventional cable and satellite companies, culminating in a realization that these demands lacked fundamental business logic.
As global broadband proliferates with steadfast momentum, the client emerges from the cocoon of challenges, embracing a transformative perspective. Their vision unfurls as they embark on a journey to establish an IPTV service that leverages the expansive canvas of the Internet. This evolution not only resonates with the evolving technology landscape but also underscores the client’s resilience and adaptability.
Enshrined within this narrative are the client’s essential requirements. These pillars are the foundation upon which their IPTV service will be sculpted. This list of imperatives is a testament to their vision, the essence of which is captured below.
- Number of Video Subscribers – The customer would like to support 50,000 initial subscribers and add additional 100,000 subscribers each year for the next 3 years. The customer would eventually like to expand to over 1 million subscribers.
- HD Video – Customers would like to offer HD content to premium customers.
- Streaming Over the Internet – Customers would like to use the Internet as their video transport. The customer is not impressed with some of the existing video downloading services due to poor video quality and slow video loading. Customers would like a streaming solution over the Internet where subscribers can play a video as soon as they select it.
- View On TV or PC – Customers would like to give subscribers the option to watch videos on their large HDTV or on their PC.
- Expandable – Customers would like an IPTV system that’s fully scalable to support their current requirements and future growth.
- Remote software/firmware update – Customer would like a system that has a minimal truck roll. They would like to manage all the PC and STB clients remotely.
- VOD Support – Live TV is not a requirement. Customers would like to put all 50,000 hours of video content onto their VOD servers for customers to pick and choose from.
- Viewing Ratio – Customer anticipates that at any given time, at least 10% of its subscribers will be watching videos simultaneously.
- Minimal Integration Cost – The customer does not have a large IT staff that can support a complicated IPTV deployment.
- Customers would like a system that will be easy to deploy, manage and support.
IPTV Requirement List
After reviewing the customer requirements, MatrixStream decided to recommend the following equipment list for deployment. Because MatrixStream’s MatrixCast IPTV solution is an end-to-end solution, customer does not have to spend months to integrate an IPTV solution from multiple vendors. The following a list of equipment required:
- 2 IMX M2200 IPTV middleware servers. 1 for management and another for redundancy.
- 6 IMX v2420 VOD MatrixCast Streaming servers to support VOD. 5 IMX v2420 can support up to 6,000 simultaneous SD streams. At the same time, each server can back up the other through N+1 clustering design.
- 6,000 MX 3 IP STBs – Fully able to support HD 1080p videos. Students can hook up MX 1 IP STB to their HDTV at home to watch class videos.
- Customized MX 1100 PC viewer with customer’s logo – PC clients will be made available to students for download off customer’s Website. Students can watch videos on their PCs.
- Customized MX 1101 Android viewer with customer’s logo – People with Android smart phones and tablets will be able to download customer’s own player right from Google Play store.
- Customized MX 1102 IOS Apple viewer with customer’s logo – People with Apple iPhones and iPads will be able to download customer’s own player right from Apple’s App store.